Jabula Tents Blog
A unique & beautiful live music, wedding & event venue which offers a variety of indoor and outdoor spaces plus a campsite with bell tents & a shepherds hut. It’s set within 42 acres of organic farmland, in an area of outstanding natural beauty on the north Cornish coast near Porthtowan.
It is also a licensed wedding venue holding ceremonies in their beautiful amphitheater, a large barn & covered outdoor area for dining. Their wedding menus are 100% Vegetarian and/or Vegan using locally and ethically sourced ingredients. They also have a Geodome tent perfect for a kids chill out area & a cob courtyard with firepit & stunning sea views. The beach just down the road is also gorgeous with a lot of good surf.
Our stretch tents fit perfectly in the amphitheater area, so if you’d like to take the risk out the rain for your ceremony or party there, then get in touch. See some photos below where we’ve put up tents there for their fabulous Tropical Pressure festival & an alternative skills fair. More info on their website.
Wow, what an amazing venue for a wedding. You can hire out the entire fort for your guests, and you have it all to yourself so you can even do all your own cooking if you like. No corkage fee either.
It has space inside to seat 120 people but some people choose to have additional covered space out in the gardens to make the most of the incredible views.
There are 3 good places for tents at Polhawn Fort:
- On the lower lawn you can fit a large stretch tent – 10 x 10m or 10 x 15m or 10 x 23m stretch tent.
- Up by the summer house where they do the wedding ceremonies, you can fit our 4 x 6m stretch tent or our 6 x 8m stretch tent to cover your guests in case of rain. Here are photos of our 4 x 6m stretch tent which was used as a bar area. Click on the photos to see them larger.
- There is also an area on the rooftop which would fit our 6 x 8m stretch tent. This is the area which has direct access from a spiral staircase that leads from the dining / party area, so it’s a magic spot to go up for sea views or stargazing & it can be lit up with fairy lights for a magical rooftop setting.
Visit www.polhawnfort.com for more info.
We were asked to set up a stretch tent in the courtyard for a wedding at Crasken Farm which is close to Helston. We fell in love with the place and think it must be such an amazing place to have a wedding or party.
The lovely courtyard area only just fitted our 8 x 10m stretch tent. It was used for the ceremony and the chillout area at night next to the firepit. The main music & dancing were in the banquet hall.
Would highly recommend this place for weddings.It’s very eco-friendly, with solar & wind power with beautiful gardens & stone buildings. It has a large indoor bar & banquet area, lots of space for camping as well as4 tipis for guests.More info on www.craskenfarm.com.
Here’s some photos of the tent before, during and after the event.
- Mount Pleasant Eco Park August 25, 2017
- Polhawn Fort July 11, 2017
- Crasken Eco Centre June 24, 2017
- Tropical pressure festival 2016 October 28, 2016
- Engine house – tent on the deck October 17, 2016
- Surf competition – Porthmeor beach September 25, 2016
- The Ale & Anchor festival in Mousehole September 19, 2016
- The Jubilee Pool Grand Man Engine Ball August 16, 2016
- Port Eliot Festival 2016 – Dead Man’s Fingers Rum Bar August 2, 2016
- Rock Oyster Festival 2016 July 19, 2016
- Fluorescent decor & our new 6 x 8m stretch tent July 12, 2016
- The Masked Ball May 28, 2016
- St Ives Food Festival 2016 – Porthminster beach May 18, 2016
- St Ives Wedding Venue May 9, 2016
- Lunch in Dartmoor April 28, 2016
- Anjue Weddings Boho Fest April 19, 2016
- Festivals in the South West March 14, 2016
- Morning of the Mo – Surf Rodeo October 22, 2015
- Bike lights Wadebridge October 19, 2015
- Private festival in a campsite August 28, 2015