Jabula Tents Blog
We set up our 10 x 10m white tent for a party in a beautiful old apple orchard belonging to Quickes Farm in September. Inside the tent they set up 3 long banquent tables seating 54 plus had space for a display table, a small dance area and a 3 man band. One side was completely down to the ground to make it more cosy & the other sides open to enjoy the view. We also provided the festoon lighting & carpeting. The beautiful rustic tables and benches were provided by South West Event hire. It was in celebration of the launch of their new cheese recipe featuring Cornish Sea Salt and chef Ben Quinn of Woodfired Canteen served up bounty from field to shore, cooked simply over wood fire.
Looks like they had a wonderful evening. It’s so lovely being sent photos so we can see what goes on under our tent as we usually just see it before and after the event.
Here’s a few of our before photos.
A unique & beautiful live music, wedding & event venue which offers a variety of indoor and outdoor spaces plus a campsite with bell tents & a shepherds hut. It’s set within 42 acres of organic farmland, in an area of outstanding natural beauty on the north Cornish coast near Porthtowan.
It is also a licensed wedding venue holding ceremonies in their beautiful amphitheater, a large barn & covered outdoor area for dining. Their wedding menus are 100% Vegetarian and/or Vegan using locally and ethically sourced ingredients. They also have a Geodome tent perfect for a kids chill out area & a cob courtyard with firepit & stunning sea views. The beach just down the road is also gorgeous with a lot of good surf.
Our stretch tents fit perfectly in the amphitheater area, so if you’d like to take the risk out the rain for your ceremony or party there, then get in touch. See some photos below where we’ve put up tents there for their fabulous Tropical Pressure festival & an alternative skills fair. More info on their website.
Wow, what an amazing venue for a wedding. You can hire out the entire fort for your guests, and you have it all to yourself so you can even do all your own cooking if you like. No corkage fee either.
It has space inside to seat 120 people but some people choose to have additional covered space out in the gardens to make the most of the incredible views.
There are 3 good places for tents at Polhawn Fort:
- On the lower lawn you can fit up to a 10 x 23m stretch tent. These photos are of our 6 x 8m tent
- Up by the summer house where they do the wedding ceremonies, you can fit our 4 x 6m stretch tent or our 6 x 8m stretch tent to cover your guests in case of rain. Here are photos of our 4 x 6m stretch tent which was used as a bar area. Click on the photos to see them larger.
- There is also an area on the rooftop which would fit our 6 x 8m stretch tent. This is the area which has direct access from a spiral staircase that leads from the dining / party area, so it’s a magic spot to go up for sea views or stargazing & it can be lit up with fairy lights for a magical rooftop setting.
Visit www.polhawnfort.com for more info.
- Orchard celebration October 19, 2017
- Mount Pleasant Eco Park August 25, 2017
- Polhawn Fort July 11, 2017
- Crasken Eco Centre June 24, 2017
- Spring Masked Ball 2017 June 17, 2017
- Tropical pressure festival 2016 October 28, 2016
- Engine house – tent on the deck October 17, 2016
- Surf competition – Porthmeor beach September 25, 2016
- The Ale & Anchor festival in Mousehole September 19, 2016
- The Jubilee Pool Grand Man Engine Ball August 16, 2016
- Port Eliot Festival 2016 – Dead Man’s Fingers Rum Bar August 2, 2016
- Rock Oyster Festival 2016 July 19, 2016
- Fluorescent decor & our new 6 x 8m stretch tent July 12, 2016
- The Masked Ball May 28, 2016
- St Ives Food Festival 2016 – Porthminster beach May 18, 2016
- St Ives Wedding Venue May 9, 2016
- Lunch in Dartmoor April 28, 2016
- Anjue Weddings Boho Fest April 19, 2016
- Festivals in the South West March 14, 2016
- Morning of the Mo – Surf Rodeo October 22, 2015